Thursday, September 23, 2010

Building, Gutting, Building and Gutting.....

Well, after find mold and everywhere and 100's of dead mice skeletons, we decided to pretty much gut the entire flipping house...even the ceiling.    So, while Nick and Noah continued on the new addition, Robert and I (mostingly Robert) spent hours pulling off sheet rock and bagging 56 55 gallon bags of insulation out of the attic.  That doesn't include all the insulation from the walls.  Very nasty job needless to say. 
Moldy insulation by the front door.

Mice tunnels in the walls.  This pretty much how the majority of the outside walls looked like!!!! YIKES!!!
This is insulation free master bedroom and front room.  The wall between the two rooms (which were the kitchen walls) were full of dead mice.   Can you even imagine a dinner date at the house prior to this?   Not very appetizing!!!!
This was the one room we were going to leave alone, but the smell was not going away, so we decided to gut it as well....thank goodness, full of dead mice and previous termite damage.    I thought I had a picture, but I can't find it, but about 50% of the back of that cabinet was eatten up by termites.  

No comments:

Post a Comment